1. Artwork must be by living artists who are NSS members.
2. Submit one application per person for all entries to be judged. Include $15 adult entry fee, $5 for youth (12 years and under) (Adult salon volunteers will receive a $5 refund on Friday.)
3. Send application and photographs of your work to Carol Jackson, email@example.com
4. Applications will be pre-judged for show acceptance. Artists will be notified by mail or E-mail.
5. Art works and duplicate application form are to be submitted at the NSS Convention, in the Salons area, on the Saturday before the Monday opening, not later than 5 pm.
6. Shipped artwork must include completed application. If items are to be returned shipped, return shipping label and correct fee shipping fee must be included. Indicate on the application if item will be picked up at convention. If being picked up by a designated agent, please specify name of individual.
7. Make checks for entry fees payable to the NSS FAS.
8. The number of entries is limited to 1 per person per category, Fine Art, Letters, Craft& Design, Textiles, and Cartoons,) for competition; an optional additional 5 entries may be entered for show only, for an additional $10 fee. Theme is not a consideration for Show Only pieces. Show Only entries allows artwork to be displayed for auction or sale, but not judged.
9. An optional 5 artworks may be entered for show only for a $10 fee. Please use separate application for Show Only entries.
10. The size of entries will be limited to space available for each individual artist.
11. Entries submitted at the Convention without prior acceptance, will be accepted only on a space-available basis. Pre-approved entries will be given priority.
12. Previously awarded work, not displayed in the past 5 years, is encouraged to be exhibited, space allowing, but will not be judged in the Salon.
13. Additional information, and Convention address to send artwork can be accessed through Convention website at caves.org, or will be supplied at time of notification.
Artwork must arrive in the Salon by 5 pm, Saturday before Convention opens.
14. Each photograph, in jpeg format, must be accompanied (preferably of the back of the photograph) by:
a. Name of artist
b. artwork title.
15. The NSS will deduct a 20% commission from all art sold.
16. All artwork must be appropriately framed or professionally presented.
17. Art will be judged in 5 categories, Fine Art, Letters, Craft and Design, Textiles and Cartoons.
18. Winners will be selected in each category and a Best in Show overall.
19. Judging will occur at the Convention.
20. Judging for the Cavers' Choice Award and Youth Divisions will be by caver ballot.
21. Judges choice will be final.
22. The awards are Pins: Merit Award and Honorable Mention in each category. Best of Show and the Cavers' Choice Award are awarded on NSS Salon Night during Convention Week. All work accepted for show in this Salon will be awarded Certificate of Excellence.
Questions may be referred to Carol Jackson, firstname.lastname@example.org.
2018- The Cave
2019 - Passage and Pitch
|Site visits since 14 May 2018:: 719|