1. ONE application form:
$15 entry fee for exhibition only, $5 refund on Friday for Salon volunteers. $5 for youth (12 years and under)
2. Please submit completed forms at the NSS Convention at the Salons area on the Saturday before the Monday opening.
Artwork must be by living artists who are NSS members.
3. Send information and photographs of your work only to Carolina Shrewsbury, Email: email@example.com
4. Shipped artwork must include completed form, return shipping label and correct fee.
5. Entry fees are per person per Salon
6. Make checks for entry fees payable to the NSS FAS.
7. The number of artworks is limited to 4 per entry for competition, an optional 4 artworks can be entered for extra $10 fee.
8. The size of entries will be limited to space available for each individual artist.
9. Entries submitted at the Convention will be accepted only on a space-available basis. Salon Competition entries will be given priority. Artwork must be FOR SALE or FOR AUCTION. Artwork not for sale will be considered for Craft and Design Salon. Previous Salon Awarded work is exempt from this criteria- see item #12
10. There is provision for artwork to be displayed but not judged if the artist so wishes.
11. All exhibits are encouraged to be sold at Salon or entered for NSS Auction.
12. Previously awarded work is encouraged to be exhibited but will not be judged in the Salon.
13. Applications will be screened and artists will be notified by mail or E-mail.
14. Additional information, and Convention address to send artwork can be accessed through Convention website at caves.org, or will be supplied at time of notification. Artwork must arrive in the Salon by Saturday before Convention opens.
15. Each jpeg image must be accompanied by:
16. The NSS will deduct a 20% commission from all art sold.
17. All artwork must be appropriately framed or professionally presented.
Print labels on card for each artwork with Artist Name, Artwork Title, Mediums used, PRICE/AUCTION
18. Art will be judged in 2 categories THEME and OPEN.
19. Winners will be selected in each category and a Best in Show overall.
20. Judging will occur at the Convention.
21. Judging for the SpeleoArt Award and Youth Divisions will be by caver ballot.
23. Judges choice will be final.
24. The awards are Pins: Merit Award and Honorable Mention in each category. Best of Show and the SpeleoArt Award are awarded on NSS Salon Night during Convention Week. All work accepted for show in this Salon will be awarded Certificate of Excellence.
Questions may be referred to Carolina Shrewsbury phone (727) 424-2903 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org