The Conservation Committee is authorized to award up to $5,000 annually
from the Save-the-Caves
Fund to make grants of up to $1000 to Internal Organizations,
Conservation Task Forces,
Conservancies, or to individual NSS members for specific projects that
involve cave or karst
conservation, restoration, or cleanup.
The Conservation Committee is responsible for establishing the
application, review, and award
process. Recipients of these grants shall submit written reports to the
Society as stipulated by the
Chairman of the Conservation Committee.
To be considered for a grant award, applications must include adequate
description of one or more of
- scientific investigation of cave or karst conservation problems;
- speleological research that will directly contribute to cave or karst
- the remediation of ecological problems in cave, karst, or pseudokarst
- hands-on, in-cave efforts to restore cave passages to a former
- equipment and supplies for conservation or restoration projects that
participation from cavers;
- or public outreach to inform and raise awareness of cave and karst
Conservation Grants are awarded throughout the year, subject to availability of funds and number of applications received.