November 10-12, 2017
DCG is planning a trip to the Bat Ranch on Veteran's Day weekend, from Nov 10 - 12.
We will be camping at the Bat Ranch and caving at nearby caves. Some potentials are Links, Tawneys and New River Cave.
If you want to go, please RSVP to me so I can give the property owner a headcount. Here are some details:
- This is a camping trip. Have something to sleep in. Tent, camper or hammock suggested. It'll probably be chilly, so bring something warm.
- We are looking to go to New River Cave, Links Cave and/or Tawney's Cave. Also, this will be my first time to Bat Ranch and to Blacksburg caves,
so if you'd like to lead a trip, let me know!
- Bring food for yourself or a way to get food from town (grocery stores and restaurants/pizza are available in nearby Blacksburg).
- If you plan on using the hot tub or sauna, bring diesel fuel money for the heaters!
- Other than the hot tub/sauna, this is a free event although donations to Mike, the owner of Bat Ranch, are welcome as his dog, Dexter, needs surgery.