|Some recent pics are on our Facebook group. Click on the 'f'.|
|Others are listed here: Event Photos|
To prevent web robots from harvesting contact info, some of the below links may prompt for a name and password. If so, enter name: calend & pswd: gocave.
Jan 17 (3rd Thu), 7:30p: Regular meeting at Chevy Chase Community Ctr.,
in DC, at 5601 Connecticut Ave NW. See: Directions. Program: T.B.A.
Post-mtg.: We may adjourn to the Chevy Chase Lounge (1.5 blocks south, at 5510 CT-Av.), to continue the socializing!
Jan 28 (4th Mon), 7:30p: PSC meeting. See PSC Website.
July 31: Deadline for your submitted paperwork to join the Robertson Association (TRA), so you can attend OTR as a real person, rather than lowly "guest". See below, and www.otr.org for the required forms.
July 27-31 (tentative): NSS 2020 Convention at Elkins, WV. Date is tentative. Details to follow.
- Nov 12, 2017 Tawneys Cave trip [shutterfly], by Elysia Mathias
- Nov 11, 2017 New River Cave trip [shutterfly], by Elysia Mathias, Nina Rao
- Mar 11, 2017 Three Sisters Cave trip [Fb], by Greg Jones
- Feb 4, 2017 Crossroads Cave trip [Fb], by 2 Daves
- Feb 27, 2016 Whitings Neck trip [Fb], by David Marcenaro DeBernardis
- Aug 16, 2014 Culverson Creek trip, by Eric Berge
- Jan 25, 2014 Donaldson Cave trip [Fb], by Keely Owens (on Facebook)
- Jan 11, 2014 Jones Quarry Cave trip, posted by Eric Berge
- Dec, 2013 Video: Battle For Bats: Surviving White Nose
- Nov 30, 2013 "P"-Caves Trip, posted by Eric Berge
- Nov 2, 2013 PSC wkend, posted by Eric Berge
- Sept 28, 2013 Eric Porters cave trip, posted by Eric Berge
- Sept 27, 2013 Sinnett-Thorn Mtn., posted by Eric Berge
- July 30-31, 2011 Paxton & Porter Caves, by Doug Lake
- June 10-12, 2011 SERA Pictures and Trip Report, by Adam Lake
- May 15, 2011 Whiting's Neck group photo, by Keely Owens
- Apr 30, 2011 Poor Farm Cave (VAR weekend) by Doug Lake
- Mar 12, 2011 Paxton's Cave by John Armstrong
- Feb 12, 2011 Paxton's Cave by Doug Lake
- Dec 4, 2010 DC Grotto Banquet by Brian Freyling
- Nov 7, 2010 Great Falls vertical practice by Brian Freyling
- Jul 24, 2010 North Fork Mountain vertical trip by John Armstrong
Bat Die-off CrisisA fungus has caused the death of huge numbers of bats, seemingly associated with White Nose Syndrome, starting in the Northeast, and having spread into PA, WV, and VA. With the possibility of human cave visitation assisting this spread, precautions include cave closures (check the VAR Closed Cave List prior to any trip), and de-contamination of all cave gear before and after visiting any open cave. For lots more information, visit any of these links:
- NSS' WNS Page
- WhiteNoseSyndrome.org - North America's response to the devastating bat disease, with (as of June 25, 2012) decontamination procedures: HERE.
- Jan.2017 USFS results on "Decon" testing of vertical equipment is Here.
- (Dec.2013) video: Battle For Bats: Surviving White Nose
- US-F&WS: WNS | Caver-Info - Decontamination PDFs: Protocols w/ Supplements for: Cavers & Researchers
- Bat Conservation & Management, Inc.: WNS-Page
- Northeast Cave Conservancy: Main-Page
Trout Rock Bat CountsClick here to see the results of the annual bat counts in Trout, Hamilton, and New Trout caves in Pendleton County, W.V.
Banquet Assignments: The determination of "who-brings-what" to each year's December banquet changes each year. The methodology for making the assignments is explained: Here.