The Utah Caving Forum Forum Index The Utah Caving Forum
A forum for the Utah Grottos

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any requests for grotto presentations?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Utah Caving Forum Forum Index -> Timpanogos Grotto
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonjasper

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 1:18 am    Post subject: Any requests for grotto presentations? Reply with quote

If anyone has any ideas for grotto presentations, what a great place to discuss them!

I already had a request from Stretch for a presentation on "proper rigging." I really would hate to know the back story on this one.

Let's hear the ideas!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
CaverStretch

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to see some hands on training at the grotto meetings. Rigging systems. Knots. Vertical systems. Search and Rescue. Etc.

If I think of more I will let you know.

Robert
clitchford

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since we have quite a few new people, I don't think that it would hurt to have a presentation on cave conservation (what not to do in a cave)

also, we could have one of the caving "old timers" give a presentation on how cave exploration has evolved since they began
Deafnss

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dale did a slide show presentation once for us last year (?) and it was along the same vein as you suggested.
Perhaps another one would be in order.

http://ralph.rigidtech.com/albums.php
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
jonjasper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject: February and March Presentations Reply with quote

Timp Cavers,

For the FEB 14 meeting I would like to try a presention "Name that Cave." I will be putting together a collection of pretty, interest, or humorous caving photos. The main purpose will be to show off caving photos while playing the game name that cave.

I would like lots of participation. If you have great photos you would like to share then please email them to me at least a day before the meeting. We will see what brews up.

----

The March presentation is going to focus on Cave Rescue. Rodney Mulder, the head of the Utah Cave Search & Rescue, is going to come down to show off cave rescues techniques - loading patiences, litter carrying, and more. It should be a great, fun, and learning experience.

JON
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
jonjasper

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:25 am    Post subject: Grotto Presentations Reply with quote

The grotto presentations for this year are filling up quickly!

February 14 - Name that Cave
The presentation is a huge collection of miscellaneous caving photos
of high beauty, interest, or humor. If you have photos to share
please email them to me.

March 14 - Cave Rescue
Rodney Mulder, head of the Utah Cave and Search and Rescue (UCSR),
and help for other UCSR are going to demonstrate the various
elements of cave rescue.

April 11 - Dan Clyde Tribute
Rob Cranney is hosting a tribute through various videos, photos, and
stories of the well-known caver, Dan Clyde, who died in a car
accident 10 years ago.

May 9 - Utah Caving Video
James Crawley has created a video on caving in Utah that he would
like us to critique before entering in the NSS Video Salon.

So keep your calendars open and the ideas flowing.
JON
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Utah Caving Forum Forum Index -> Timpanogos Grotto All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: