The Utah Caving Forum Forum Index The Utah Caving Forum
A forum for the Utah Grottos

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Boy Scouts request help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Utah Caving Forum Forum Index -> Caving General Discussion and Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
caverdale

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject: Boy Scouts request help Reply with quote

Here is a message I just received. Please contact Joel directly. Also post on this board if you can help so we don't get duplicate efforts.

------------------------------------------------

To: <da7gr33n@burgoyne.com>
Subject: Scouts

Mr. Green
I am the varsity captain of my Boy Scout Team. We want to spend the next 3 months earning the Varsity "Caving" Pin.
I've been on the internet to find some caves we could go into or how to learn what to do. I found the web site for Salt Lake City with y our e-mail address. Can you, or can you tell me about someone that would help our Varsity Team learn about caving and then go to some caves? We have about 6 boys (14 - 16 years old) and 2 leaders. We meet on Tuesday nights. We are in a LDS ward near Valley Fair Mall.
A year ago we went on a campout to Nutty Putty and went inside for a little while. It was awesome. I thought we could go to Timpanogas Cave too. But we'd rather be able to go crawling around inside some caves.
Please let me know who to talk to help us. Thank you very much!

Joel Whitmer
caverdale

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to Cami and Rob we have enough volunteers to teach the Scouts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Utah Caving Forum Forum Index -> Caving General Discussion and Questions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: