The Utah Caving Forum Forum Index The Utah Caving Forum
A forum for the Utah Grottos

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Forum Internet Visibility

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Utah Caving Forum Forum Index -> Caving General Discussion and Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should you have to log in to even read the forums?
Yes
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
No
71%
 71%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 7

dmccully

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: Forum Internet Visibility Reply with quote

Right now, this entire forum is open to the entire internet. Do we want to change it so that you have to log in before you can see anything?
jjackson

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:03 am    Post subject: internet visibilty Reply with quote

I like it open on the net. right now I have google set up as my main page. they let you customize it and add rss feed so every time I get on the internet I have the utah caver forum right in front of me. which is kinda nice. Smile just my thoughts

jeremy
tamiejensen

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:53 pm    Post subject: Forum Internet Visibility Reply with quote

I think that an open forum has a warmer feeling to those who have not signed up yet. It seems that it would be discouraging to join if you are immediately faced with an authentication screen. Personally, I would think that I would need to be invited to join. It isnt like we are discussing coords or any thing "top secret" any way. If we are, Im missing out on it. Maybe when a certain member capacity is reached or the sensitivity level of on going discussions increase, it would make more sense. But as a new forum and new format, it might discourage people from changing over from the e-group or joining up when they are from other grottos.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Utah Caving Forum Forum Index -> Caving General Discussion and Questions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: