The Utah Caving Forum Forum Index The Utah Caving Forum
A forum for the Utah Grottos

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cavers Need Help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Utah Caving Forum Forum Index -> Caving General Discussion and Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaverStretch

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject: Cavers Need Help Reply with quote

Hello Everyone,
This is a gentleman from back east that I have been in contact with over the winter. He and a group of cavers are coming to Utah to do some caving and would like to see Boomerang while they are here. I was going to try and take them, however they are only able to go on Monday June 12th so thus I will not be able to take them because of work obligations. So, is there anyone out there that would be willing to help out?

------------------------
Hi Robert,

We will be leaving early Thursday morning, June 1, to start our drive west.
I am scheduled to arrive in Logan on June 11. We will be staying at the
Hampton Inn there. Do you think we will be able to get to Boomerang? We will
have to try for June 12 due to the limited time our friends have there. I
know that is during the week and may not be convenient for most peoples work
schedule.

Mike W.

-----------------------------

His email address is :

speleo@alltel.net

Thanks Everyone,
Robert Cranney
backcountry6

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is some info from last week from Dave Liddell-

Hi All,

I checked out Logan Canyon this weekend (5/21). The road to Tony Grove is still closed by snow. You can get to within approx 2 miles of the
lake. The Franklin Basin road is open and pretty dry for the first 3.6 miles. This will take you a bit past Steep Hollow (and well past the
interesting features in the Hells Kitchen area. Beaver Creek (and the
Logan River) are full, cold and fast. We were going to wade Beaver
Creek to try Boomerang, but decided against it.

We're starting to warm up here in Logan but there is still a lot of snow up there in the mountains. I was up at Canteen Springs last week and the entrance was blocked and filled with ice from all the melting snow. I'm not sure if this will also be a problem in boomerang. If i have time i'll try and check it out.

-Aaron
backcountry6

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went up the canyon today to check on roads and snow conditions. i believe boomerang is good to go although Beaver creek is still running cold and fast. I would suggest using the access road from the resort. There is still snow on the road to Tony's Grove and Franklin Basin but i believe the road will be clear of snow within two weeks. You can drive almost to the campground.

-aaron
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Utah Caving Forum Forum Index -> Caving General Discussion and Questions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: