The Utah Caving Forum Forum Index The Utah Caving Forum
A forum for the Utah Grottos

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Double Bungee. Jamming still.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Utah Caving Forum Forum Index -> Caving General Discussion and Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TigerStripe40

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:06 am    Post subject: Double Bungee. Jamming still. Reply with quote

I was ascending out of Choices Pit in Polygamy yesterday, and my knee ascender kept jamming.

The knee ascender is a Gibbs (and I've tried a croll, that jams MUCH worse).

How I have it attached to the knee ascender harness is that it's tied into he harness. The bungee is also tied to the top of the eye of the Gibbs.
What I think was happening is that the bungees was loading the Gibbs in such a way as to make it cock and then jam up.

There is a hole at the top of the Gibbs ascender, but it's too small for anything that I Can find to be passed through. I was thinking that one of the micro sized biners would be a good fit, but I can't be sure.

If push comes to shove, could I drill the hole in the top of the Gibbs out to accept one of the mini 'biners that are commonly available?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Utah Caving Forum Forum Index -> Caving General Discussion and Questions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: