The Utah Caving Forum Forum Index The Utah Caving Forum
A forum for the Utah Grottos

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Moving To Tennessee

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Utah Caving Forum Forum Index -> Caving General Discussion and Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deafnss

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:12 am    Post subject: Moving To Tennessee Reply with quote

After years of frustration of finding a PERMANENT job here and it all being for naught then talking with my older brothers and finding out that my parents (ages 79 and 74 respectively) need someone "young" to help them around (driving, etc.) and the irresistable lure of TAG caving... ya, I'll be moving quite soon to Chattanooga TN.

I figure that since I will be living with my parents, caring for them, I can then go to school and get a marketable trade or degree of some kind.
When my parents are laid to rest then I'll move back here. I love Utah and Utah Caving too much to make the move back east permanent.

I doubt that I'll make it to August's Timp Grotto meeting. MAYBE I can make it to Salt Lake's but it depends. My brother is a truck driver and his company has a terminal here in Utah. He can get a load TO Utah and try to "dead-head" enroute back east, thus being able to take me and my stuff. Trouble is knowing exactly when that will happen. It may be in a couple of days from this post or another two weeks.

I told Richard D. that when finances get to where they should be I will mail him membership dues for Timp Grotto as I still want to be a part of Utah Caving in some way or another. I will most likely continue membership with the Salt Lake Grotto as well.
I'll still be running the utcavers group and with Duane's kind permission still help administration of the Forum.

So that's the long and short of it.

I've made a-lot of friends and quite a few of them I've made for life.
I've enjoyed the time spent training the many new-comers to the grottos and taking them on their first cave trip(s). I've learned as much as I've taught.
I've enjoyed caving with the old-timers (of which now I am one of *sigh* Rolling Eyes ) and the things I've learned from them. A lot of good times with great people.
The Utah Caving Community has always been like an extended family to me since my first Grotto meeting some 15 + years ago. And what a family, it just keeps growing.
Thanks to all who have made my caving experiences here memorable ones.
Thanks to all who have contributed to my learning(s) in almost every field of caving to a lesser or greater degree.
Thanks to all who have made me a part of your (caving) lives as you are certianly a part of mine.
I will continue to post trip-reports (with pics) of my experiences in TAG country!

If ya'll are ever in TN or passin thru, drop on by.

Until then my friends...

Happy Caving! Very Happy

http://ralph.rigidtech.com/albums.php
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
jjackson

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

best of luck in Tennesse you will be missed. I have enjoyed caving with you...and Hope to see you back in utah in the in the not to distant future.

jeremy Very Happy
CaverStretch

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look forward to your return. We must go for a ride to the top of Ophir Canyon again. Thankfully I have 6435 pictures and 45.2 hours of video footage to remember you by. Smile

Robert
jumar_b

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to meet you for a second time at the grotto meeting last night. Wish you were hanging around! Have fun in TN
Jeff Baird
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Utah Caving Forum Forum Index -> Caving General Discussion and Questions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: