The Utah Caving Forum Forum Index The Utah Caving Forum
A forum for the Utah Grottos

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Utah Grottos Party

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Utah Caving Forum Forum Index -> Caving General Discussion and Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaverStretch

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject: Utah Grottos Party Reply with quote

September 15-17 2006 - Utah Grottos Party
CHECK YOUR GROTTO'S WEB SITE FOR UPDATES AND INFORMATION

It's time again for the Utah Grottos Party! The party this year will be held at Kane Hollow by Vernal Utah. This will be weekend for the whole family filled with caves and caving, Utah Grottos dinner Saturday night, special presentation by Dave Herron after dinner, and lots of your fellow cavers. Dinner Saturday night will be by Ralph Powers with his world famous Meat Ball Spaghetti with French Bread and Drink.

PLEASE RSVP ASAP so I can get a count on dinner. Thanks.

The dinner will be provided by the Grottos, however any donations to help with the costs will be greatly appriciated.

Dale Green is going to put together a Limited Edition Guide Book for this area of Utah. The guide book will have information on the caves in the area, geology, and lots of other usefull information. The guide book can be purchased for $5.00. Quantities will be limited so reserve your copy now. (Contact Me)

DIRECTIONS - Directions will be added to the grotto's trip/events web site this weekend.

SCHEDULE:

Friday - For those that want to come up Friday night there will be plenty of camping spots.

Saturday -
Caving trips all day
7:00 PM - Utah Grottos Dinner
8:00 PM - Special Presentation by Dale Green

Sunday -
Caving trips all day

CAVING TRIPS AVAILABLE -

SATURDAY

White Rocks Cave (Pending Forest Service Approval) - Trip Leader: Peter Ruplinger or Dale Green
There are 15 spots open for this trip. However, I need to know ASAP if you want to go for the tour permit application. The cave has a 2 hour hike.

Sheep Creek Cave - CLOSED FOR SEASON

Chepeta Cave - Trip Leader: TBA
There are 5 spots open for this trip. Trip sign-ups will at the UGP on a first come, first serve basis. I would like to open this trip to those that have never been to the cave first, and so on.

Toothbrush Cave - Trip Leader: TBA
The cave has a 40' drop into the cave. Rockfall is possible. Vertical skills a must.

Pole Creek Cave - Self Guided
(Cave is 900 feet of walking passage. Great for families. 4 wheel drive needed for access)

Little Brush Creek Cave - Trip Leader: TBA
This is the longest cave in Utah. It's cold, wet, long, and fun. Temps around 42 degrees. Plan to get wet. PolyPro and Nylon coveralls recommended.

Big Brush Creek Ice Cave - Trip Leader: Robert Cranney
This is the second longest cave in Utah. We will plan to see the Ice Cave at the entrance area. Cold, wet, and fun.

There are many other caves in the area. More information available in the Guide Book.

SUNDAY

Chepeta Cave - Trip Leader: Ralph Powers
There are 5 spots open for this trip. Trip sign-ups will at the UGP on a first come, first serve basis. I would like to open this trip to those that have never been to the cave first, and so on.

Toothbrush Cave - Trip Leader: TBA
The cave has a 40' drop into the cave. Rockfall is possible. Vertical skills a must.

Pole Creek Cave - Self Guided
(Cave is 900 feet of walking passage. Great for families. 4 wheel drive needed for access)

Little Brush Creek Cave - Trip Leader: TBA
This is the longest cave in Utah. It's cold, wet, long, and fun. Temps around 42 degrees. Plan to get wet. PolyPro and Nylon coveralls recommended.

Big Brush Creek Ice Cave - Trip Leader: TBA
This is the second longest cave in Utah. We will plan to see the Ice Cave at the entrance area. Cold, wet, and fun.

There are many other caves in the area. More information available in the Guide Book.

If you have any questions, feel free to email me at caverstretch@hotmail.com or call me at 801-427-3702.

PLEASE RSVP ASAP so I can get a count on dinner. Thanks.

Trip Leader: Robert Cranney, caverstretch@hotmail.com, 801-427-3702
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Utah Caving Forum Forum Index -> Caving General Discussion and Questions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: