The Utah Caving Forum Forum Index The Utah Caving Forum
A forum for the Utah Grottos

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Discovery channel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Utah Caving Forum Forum Index -> Caving General Discussion and Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jasonbx

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Discovery channel Reply with quote

Anyone else catch the final episode of the Discovery Channel's Planet Earth? Some pretty amazing cave footage, including Lechiguila. Looked like they were likely doing some of that footage the same time as some of the NSS article's were written up for the latest magazines.
jumar_b

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched it and really enjoyed it. I'm personally more interested in the caves themselves, and less in the biology stuff. But that's just me. 300' pile of bat poop, covered with roaches just doesn't do it for me Wink
deb

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: anyone record it? Reply with quote

I don't have cable. Did anyone record it? I'd love to have a chance to watch it.
jumar_b

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I burned a copy of the British version. I could burn you a copy. Send me an email
jeff.a.baird@gmail.com
jasonbx

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately the whole series was focused on "biology," so it was a little short on some of the other aspects of caves. But there were definitely some neat critters. It also reminded me that there have been requests for "critter" collection from the caves of UT/NV.

A 300 foot pile of bat poop would at least be impressive to see. (Maybe only once in a lifetime.) I have climbed over 6 foot piles in the recent past.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Utah Caving Forum Forum Index -> Caving General Discussion and Questions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: