The Utah Caving Forum Forum Index The Utah Caving Forum
A forum for the Utah Grottos

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2006 Utah Caver Annual

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Utah Caving Forum Forum Index -> Caving General Discussion and Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonjasper

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: 2006 Utah Caver Annual Reply with quote

It's that time again!

Since Brandon is tied up with his Masters degree, I am going to give it another shot.

So here are my ideas for submissions:

1) SITLA cave management (Nutty Putty & Blowhole Gating) - Jon Jasper
2) Bloomington Cave Kiosk and Gating progress - Jon Jasper
3) Dale Green's 50 years of caving celebration (Earl Petersen and John Lion too) - Rodney Mulder?
4) Dan Clyde Tribute - Rob Cranney?
5) Tony Grove Project progress - Jon Jasper
6) Changing Trends - Farewells to Bear River Grotto, Color Country Grotto, Ralph Powers and I - ???
7) Auriga Tutorial - Brandon?

Other ideas would be greatly welcome!

It would be great to have some cool maps of popular caves and some cave art to publish as well.

And I would love for folks to send me some photos to consider for the cover shot. I would be looking for great photos that would highlight some landmark activity that occurred in 2006.

Also, if there are folks who would like to help critique the work in progress, let me know. I will surely try to get the aid of Tammie and Larry again.

JON
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
CaverStretch

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will work on the Dan Clyde part. When is the deadline?
jonjasper

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's try to receive completed articles by the beginning of the new year. Then I will try to finish editing and layout before February.

If you can pass the word around that I am looking for good articles, maps, stories, art, anything that can be placed into PDF. If folks have other things I can look into placing them on the web.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
jonjasper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: The cover Reply with quote

Better late than ever.

I have been a bit distracted with my new home. However, the Utah Caver Annual is still being worked on.

To new your appetite, you can preview the cover you all voted for. Download it at http://www.caves.org/grotto/timpgrotto/UtahCaver2006cover.pdf

Hopefully, I will have a draft being reviewed by the end of the month.

:JON
jumar_b

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Very Happy
Looking forward to the whole issue. Thanks for all the hard work.
jonjasper

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:19 pm    Post subject: 2006 Utah Caver Finished Reply with quote

If you are slow on the news, the Utah Caver Annual 2006 is completed and posted at ... http://www.nps.gov/archive/tica/RMweb/Publications/UtahCaverAnnual2006.pdf

Thanks again for all those who contributed either in writing of these projects or helping to make these projects happen.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Utah Caving Forum Forum Index -> Caving General Discussion and Questions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: