The Utah Caving Forum Forum Index The Utah Caving Forum
A forum for the Utah Grottos

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SLG Web Site Activity
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Utah Caving Forum Forum Index -> Salt Lake Grotto
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dmccully

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: php5 migration Reply with quote

The Salt Lake Grotto site has been migrated to php5. This caused a number of problems all of which I believe are now fixed. If you see something that doesn't work or get error messages, let me know.
dmccully

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:10 pm    Post subject: NSS Web Hosting Architecture Reply with quote

Photo uploading and thumbnail generation have finally been fixed on the SLG website. They were broken due to the way the new NSS web hosting architecture works. Under the new architecture, the ftp directories and the web directories are not the same. Changes that are made to the ftp directory are synchronized to the web directories every five minutes. Already this is a pain. However, to make matters worse, anything that is found on the web directory that is not in the ftp directory is deleted. That means any files that have been uploaded are deleted! The "fix" that makes things work for now is that the directories involved in uploading are simply not synchronized anymore. This means I have now lost the ability to backup the entire site.

The site probably still accomplishes its original goal: to help people looking for the grotto to find it. However, beyond that, the site is virtually unused. Therefore, I will probably leave things as is.

The bottom line is that the current NSS web hosting architecture is really only suitable for simple, static websites.
dmccully

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject: Google Button Reply with quote

In the lower right side of the home page, there is now a Google button. Clicking on this button will automatically add the Utah Caving Forum, Utah Caving Events, and Utah Caving Trip Reports in a Utah Caving tab to your Google home page.
dmccully

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:52 am    Post subject: NSS Webserver Migration Reply with quote

The NSS webserver migration is complete. It caused our site to be broken in the sense that you could not login for a week. However, it should be a vast improvement and addresses all of my complaints a couple of posts above.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Utah Caving Forum Forum Index -> Salt Lake Grotto All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: