The Utah Caving Forum Forum Index The Utah Caving Forum
A forum for the Utah Grottos

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What should we do with this forum?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Utah Caving Forum Forum Index -> Caving General Discussion and Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should this forum be decommissioned?
Yes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No
100%
 100%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 3

dmccully

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:29 pm    Post subject: What should we do with this forum? Reply with quote

I am considering the idea of upgrading this forum to phpbb3 over the Christmas break. I'll probably do it despite the fact that this forum sits virtually unused. It will provide several things that this forum cannot including the ability to upload pictures for articles.

This brings up the obvious question? Should we just decommission this forum and forget about it?
jasonbx

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea of keeping this forum, but am not sure how to promote it being used more actively. Low participation is the only issue I have with the forum.

(And low participation leads to people not checking on it regularly, which spirals into less participation. I'm guilty of this myself, as evidenced by my response nearly a month later.)

The larger Cavechat forum is a nice resource for many reasons, but it is very difficult to get information specific to Utah in most cases.

This forum also has many advantages over the email lists that most of the grottos are currently using. The forum is easier to search, does not fill up my email inbox, I can choose which topics look interesting, and the list goes on...

The ability to upload pictures would be nice.
CCR Josh

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Re: What should we do with this forum? Reply with quote

dmccully wrote:
I am considering the idea of upgrading this forum to phpbb3 over the Christmas break. I'll probably do it despite the fact that this forum sits virtually unused. It will provide several things that this forum cannot including the ability to upload pictures for articles.

This brings up the obvious question? Should we just decommission this forum and forget about it?

I vote no as I just joined ;)
dmccully

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Utah Caving Forum Forum Index -> Caving General Discussion and Questions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: