The Utah Caving Forum Forum Index The Utah Caving Forum
A forum for the Utah Grottos

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cave name-internal map

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Utah Caving Forum Forum Index -> Caving General Discussion and Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mntnacvr

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:25 am    Post subject: Cave name-internal map Reply with quote

Greeting from Montucky! Several years ago while on a trip through Utah my daughter and I visited Minnetonka Cave. Just down the road from that cave we found a cave accross from the main campground. The entrance was stooping height-then a decent sized room which led to what appeared to be a dig(a fairly extensive one at that) after a pinch there was quite a bit of crawling passage. This was my first "tight" cave, and I credit it for being what turned me into a "real caver. we made it to a skinny, but 15' high mud walled climb, I climbed up and saw continuing passage, but the fact that my daughter was only 7 at the time, called for prudence, so we turned around. Would any of you great Utah cavers know the name of that cave, and possibly have an internal map? I was going through my caving files the other day, and would really like to get that noted. Thanks for any help you can give me. If any of you ever make it up to the Great Falls MT area, I'd love to take you caving. Cave on! Wink
caverdale

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm almost sure that is Arrowhead Cave and it was mapped by Scott Earl of the Idaho Cave Survey. He should be listed in the NSS Members Manual.
mntnacvr

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for the info-I'll get in touch with him, I'd love to get down to that part of the country again, it sure was beautiful. Cave on!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Utah Caving Forum Forum Index -> Caving General Discussion and Questions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: