The Utah Caving Forum Forum Index The Utah Caving Forum
A forum for the Utah Grottos

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trip ideas for Summer/Fall 2009?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Utah Caving Forum Forum Index -> Salt Lake Grotto
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jasonbx

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:07 am    Post subject: Trip ideas for Summer/Fall 2009? Reply with quote

I'm starting to accumulate some trip requests from some of the newer Grotto members, and I don't think I will have time to be in charge of all of them. Anyone interested in leading trips, please give me a heads up when you are available and I can try and coordinate for you. Also, I'm sure there are many requests I'm forgetting. If you would like to see a trip put together, let me know and we'll work on it.

Some recent requests I would like to accomodate, and rough time constraints:(I will keep adding on this thread as I remember other requests, or get new ones)

Nutty Putty -- Anytime, need someone to take charge of getting permit

Red Baron--Anytime before snow flies

Spanish Moss -- Same

Sheep Creek, trip to the back of the cave -- Before gate closes in fall for bats(October??)
jasonbx

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There have also been requests for help mapping caves in Soapstone and Tony Grove. Best before snow falls, given the high elevations.

Several projects out in the Great Basin ranges, I'm stalling on those until fall.
JeremyWesterman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still interested in trips to goshute, red baron, and spanish moss even though Peter is doing trips to those caves this month, i usually work saturdays and am unable to attend his trips. I need someone with survey equipment to remap a cave in salt lake county. the ceilings are very high and would only be a guesstimate without a laser range finder/ inclinometer. I am aware that several grotto members might own or have access to such equipment.
JeremyWesterman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be glad to help either in the soapstone or Logan projects
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Utah Caving Forum Forum Index -> Salt Lake Grotto All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: