The Utah Caving Forum Forum Index The Utah Caving Forum
A forum for the Utah Grottos

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NUCA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Utah Caving Forum Forum Index -> Caving General Discussion and Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deafnss

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:17 am    Post subject: NUCA Reply with quote

Sooo, does anyone of you guys want to talk to us about this new caving group? Northern Utah Caving Association ?
Sounds interesting to say the least.

Batty

http://ralph.rigidtech.com/albums.php
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
dmccully

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't originally have any idea what you were talking about but now I see that the Bear River Grotto site now says that it has been dissolved and replaced with the Northern Utah Caving Association (NUCA). Looking on the NSS site, the Bear River Grotto now appears where it once was gone! What does all of this mean? I have no clue. An obvious question would be: Does the NUCA plan to be affiliated with the NSS?

To the NUCA people that may read this, I wish you the best with your new organization. I enjoyed your report/photos for the Amazon mine trip.
jamesdcawley

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject: NUCA Reply with quote

NUCA is a "group" we have started until we get the BRG up and going again. None of us here know the proper procedures for getting the grotto going again. We have 25 full members, I am currently organizing the group as President, Aaron Miller is VP, Jon Knott is Training Chair, Whit Lund is Safety Chair, Aaron Mason is Project supervisor, and Jessica Root is Secretary/Treasury chair.
We have had several verticle trainings, we have taken several trips and have done quite a bit of cave photography. We have had upwards of 50 people attend our last two meetings, but only 25 of which have shown up for training and research meetings.
We have also organized a membership card with some local businesses, one great discount for NUCA/BRG members is worth mentioning on here.
For all members the owner of the Trailhead Outdoor supply store here in logan is offering %20 off on all gear!
If someone could point us in the right direction for grotto update that would be great.
-James Cawley
jamesdcawley@hotmail.com
caverdale

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:08 am    Post subject: Re: NUCA Reply with quote

jamesdcawley wrote:
NUCA is a "group" we have started until we get the BRG up and going again. None of us here know the proper procedures for getting the grotto going again. We have 25 full members, I am currently organizing the group as President, Aaron Miller is VP, Jon Knott is Training Chair, Whit Lund is Safety Chair, Aaron Mason is Project supervisor, and Jessica Root is Secretary/Treasury chair.
If someone could point us in the right direction for grotto update that would be great.
-James Cawley
jamesdcawley@hotmail.com

James -

If you have 5 paid NSS members and all of your elected officers are NSS members, you only have to send in your annual report to renew, as far as I understand the process. Contact Keith Wheeland at kwheeland (at) adelphia (dot) net. He will have to give you a new password for your grotto, unless your past officer that did the filing knows what it is.
tomcaver

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:17 pm    Post subject: NUCA and the BRG Reply with quote

James, first the BRG is still active until FEB 2007 - as far as the NSS is concerned. We have our 5 active and paid NSS members required (myself and Vern's family). The only hitch right now, is no current list of officers. I left the 2005 officer list is place, of which you and Dan did not show as current active NSS members.

I don't see why you felt you needed to start a new orginaztion (NUCA) unless you don't plan on keeping NSS affiliation. Like Dale said, you only need to have 5 NSS members, along with all officers being paid NSS members. I'm glad to hear you've found a new group of interested people. Where were they when we were trying to scratch out a grotto meeting?

Why have you not tried to contact me about any of this? I've not gone any where and I answer my emails. I don't mean to take this personal and don't want to offend anyone, but I've been here and tried to keep the Bear River Grotto working for several years now.

Thomas
jamesdcawley

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:42 am    Post subject: BRG Reply with quote

We have the people, we have the interest. Now with a large base of cavers in Logan, the grotto will grow. The Bear River Grotto WILL live again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Utah Caving Forum Forum Index -> Caving General Discussion and Questions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: