The Utah Caving Forum Forum Index The Utah Caving Forum
A forum for the Utah Grottos

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Canteen Springs Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Utah Caving Forum Forum Index -> Caving General Discussion and Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
backcountry6

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:10 am    Post subject: Canteen Springs Question Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

My name is Aaron Miller. A few of you might remember me but i don't think i was around long enough to make much of an impression. I started attending meetings with the Timp grotto back in 99-2000. I also went to several trainings with the cave search and rescue group. Unfortunately i was activated by the Army and sent to California, New York, Iraq, and Korea. I have just recently returned and i'm trying to finish school here in Logan.

Ok, enough about me. I have a quick question. Last weekend I was scouting out Canteen Springs for the BRG/NUCA. Has this cave been surveyed or does anyone have a map? There was a huge snow drift at the bottom so i'm not sure if there is one or two openings down there. I was able to go through several rooms and a couple of squeezes before it appeared to taper out. I did see one more drop but i didn't have a second rope and i'm not sure how deep it is or if there is more to explore down there. Anyone have any more info/knowledge?

Thanks,

Aaron
caverdale

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canteen Springs Cave was mapped about 45 years ago by me and a few others, then remapped about 10 years ago. I can't find my map, but the newer one was published in the Utah Caver. Don't remember the exact year. Maybe someone else does.
jonjasper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject: Canteen Map Reply with quote

I have a copy of Dave Herron's 1989 map of Canteen Springs. I will ask him if he minds, if I add it to the Timpanogos Grotto's Map Gallery. If he see no problems (which I would expect) I should have it up sometime this coming week.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
backcountry6

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I appreciate the help.
jonjasper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:20 pm    Post subject: Canteen Springs map Reply with quote

The map is up. Just go to the Timpanogos Grotto website and then the Map Gallery.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
backcountry6

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just saw it on the timp site.

Thanks! I really appreciate the help.

-aaron
Deafnss

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way... welcome back Aaron Very Happy

http://ralph.rigidtech.com/albums.php
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Utah Caving Forum Forum Index -> Caving General Discussion and Questions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: