The Utah Caving Forum Forum Index The Utah Caving Forum
A forum for the Utah Grottos

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vertical harness set-up
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Utah Caving Forum Forum Index -> Caving General Discussion and Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
knotty

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a lightweight full body harnesswith no padding(Avery) and a frog made with webbing, croll and a left handed assention. the cows tails are connected to the half round and a single footloop(for both feet) makes it easy to grab the rope and pull the rope through the croll when low on the rope. For desending I use and R8(can be rigged two ways) and is easly locked off and at no point is it ever detached from the rope and the harness at the same time. I love it. I trust it and where it all the time in a cave and Ive praticed alot with this system. I havent timed myself yet but compared to those who I've practiced with and caved with, I am by far the fastest on a rope(OK so im braggin just a bit but its true). I'm new to the caving comunity but not caving and would love to go caving with some of Ya'll. I will be caving in the Great Basin area the end of may with the Silver Sage Grotto from Twin Falls. I hope that MY head hasn't gotten so big that I make a mistake and get hurt. Pride has a way of getting people hurt
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Utah Caving Forum Forum Index -> Caving General Discussion and Questions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: