The Utah Caving Forum Forum Index The Utah Caving Forum
A forum for the Utah Grottos

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hurricane Katrina cleanup

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Utah Caving Forum Forum Index -> Caving General Discussion and Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jasonbx

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:30 pm    Post subject: Hurricane Katrina cleanup Reply with quote

Any of you interested in hearing a currrent firsthand experience of the Hurricane Katrina cleanup in the Ninth Ward area? My father just returned from a month there, and is already doing a couple presentations related to work. He has some great stories, good pictures, and a very different perspective on what has happened there than what you hear from the media. He has offered to do some sort of presentation at things like grotto meetings if there is an interest.(And I know the person in charge of scheduling presentations in most Grotto's is always looking for something.)

It isn't really cave related, but extremely interesting and informative.(He saw a house explode, just for starters...) If you would like this to be an option at your local grotto meeting in the May-July months, let me and/or your grotto know. I'll get you in contact with him if necessary.

Jason Baxter
clitchford

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you have specific dates when he is going to give a presentation?
jasonbx

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Upon request at this point. The presentations he currently has planned are work related. He just offered that if any group is interested he would be willing to talk about it. He will have everything put together anyway.

Last I checked he was still putting things together, but he should be good to go in another week or two.
jasonbx

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have any group that is interested in hearing about this, here is the contact procedure.

Call 801-379-1000 (Main switchboard at Bureau of Reclamation in Provo)

Ask to talk with Don Merrill. He is in charge of the office (pilot) program for speakers for the community. At that point you can let him know you have heard wonderful things about Lee Baxter's presentation on the Hurricane Katrina cleanup and would love to have him come give a presentation at your local "fill-in-the-group/event." Then you can work out times/places. Let me know if you have other questions 801-550-0478
Jason BX

I have heard that after the initial presentations he did for work several people have already asked him to do another one for some other group.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Utah Caving Forum Forum Index -> Caving General Discussion and Questions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: