The Utah Caving Forum Forum Index The Utah Caving Forum
A forum for the Utah Grottos

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Top Ten Caves List

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Utah Caving Forum Forum Index -> Caving General Discussion and Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deafnss

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject: Top Ten Caves List Reply with quote

In an effort to keep this forum alive and pumping... lets try this.
On the NSS discussion board there's a thread asking participants to list their Top Ten most wanted caves to visit. Naturally people are posting caves across country and internationally. Ok that's well and good. But let us list our favorite and most wanted caves to visit here in Utah only.

The purpose is two fold (maybe three). 1. To keep this board alive and kicking and to encourage more participation among the members. 2. To possibly let some of us know where you'd like to go and maybe help you get there.

Everyone try to make an effort to participate... this means you too Dale Very Happy It'd be interesting to see what you might've wanted to see and who knows maybe you still can... depending upon the cave eh? Everybody else... especially newcomers.

For me: (not in any particular order)
1. Lemon Squeezer

2. Main Drain

3. Lucifer's Lair

4. Poligamy's End (STILL haven't been there hey!)

5. Bottom trip to Nielsens (I got down as far as Nuisance Pit)

6. Toothbrush/Son-Of-Little-Brush Cave

7. ??? Quite a few of the new-ones in Tony Grove (want to help survey)

Getting old, can't think of the names of other ones that I still like to see here. I'll post again when I come up with them.

http://ralph.rigidtech.com/albums.php
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
jasonbx

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of them! Most of the ones I know are well visited--just haven't gotten onto the trips yet.

I got through a couple of the list toppers the last few months, but here are a few more--sorry if they are misspelled:

Of course Main Drain eventually

The other Tony Grove Caves

Leviathan

Cheppeta

Bottom Trip in Neffs(Thinking fall sometime)

Little/Big Brush

Find a new cave or twelve....

Running out of steam--will have to think about it for a while. Maybe Roadside? Smile

(Dale--whatever happened to your list of nearby caves?)
deb

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here's mine:Been there-Candlelight Whipple (it's near the border, is it technically in nev.?)I've heard these are the caves to see:Toothbrush,Chipeta,Main Drain and other Tony's Grove Caves
dmccully

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject: Monthly Salt Lake Grotto Trips Reply with quote

We have been good the last several months and made sure that there has been a monthly grotto trip. We just went to Big/Little/Toothbrush. I'm surprised that more people didn't go on that trip if so many people have never seen those caves. Ironically, all of the participants on that trip, except for me, were from the Timp Grotto. For new people or for people who are not fit enough for Tony Grove and the like I would recommend the *Brush caves over almost all others.

We will post the next SLG trip on the events list as always. Take a look at it. The chances that we will go to a cave you have always wanted to see are fairly high.

Deb wrote:
Whipple (it's near the border, is it technically in nev.?)

FYI, Whipple Cave is actually fairly far into Nevada.
clitchford

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the caves that I would like to see: Red Barron, Leviathan, Polygamy's end, white rocks (I will see if I can make it on the SLG trip this month), big brush(besides the ice cave). I would also like to explore more of the TG caves. Also, I would like to go to some of the cool caves in Mexico
If there are any mapping trips, I would not mind helping out. To this point, I have not invested in cave mapping gear, because I am not sure if I would have people to map caves with and I do not want to spend a lot of money on gear that I will not use much. If people would like to go mapping with me (I am a beginner still) I would be interesting in helping map all the gazillion caves in TG and logan area
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Utah Caving Forum Forum Index -> Caving General Discussion and Questions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: