Information on caving events, including Society sponsored events such as the annual
convention and the National Cave Management Symposium, and events sponsored by regional or other organizations. If you
have an event that you would like listed on this page, email the information to email@example.com
USA 2016 Events
USA 2017 Events
USA 2018 Events
- August 26-28, 2016 - All-Grrs-Cave-Trip (AGCT) - at Cougar, WA. AGCT is an annual co-ed and family-friendly event that celebrates women cavers. Women and men cave separately on the first day. After this, the annual meeting occurs and on the next day both genders cave together to enjoy the best caves in the area. Camping, meals, guidebooks, and shirts will be available. Visit the website for the most up-to-date information: http://www.ewls.org/register-to-attend.html
- September 1-5, 2016 - Old Timer's Reunion - at TRA Campground, WV. See http://otr.org/. Details to come.
- September 2-5, 2016 - Cave Fest - Sewanee, TN. Join the Sewanee Mountain Grotto Labor Day weekend for their annual auction & party. Amenities include a bath house, hot tub & sauna. There is no registration fee; however we do ask that attendees donate an item to the auction and bring a dish for the potluck dinner on Saturday night. The campground also charges $5/person for camping the entire weekend; electrical hookups also available. All proceeds go back into the caving community. We will have led cave trips, a bat float to Nickajack, a potluck dinner, and of course our auction. Keep up with the event on www.facebook.com/groups/1421893758065353/ or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- September 9-11, 2016 - 52nd annual Hodag Hunt - McGregor, Iowa. At Spook Cave. For more information about this event, please contact Gary Soule (email@example.com) or chair Kasey Fiske (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Sept. 29 - Oct. 2, 2016 - Fall 2016 MVOR - Bonneville, KY.
It's official! Windy City Grotto and Louisville Grotto with Near Normal Grotto will be hosting the Fall 2016 MVOR. The event will be held at the Lonestar Preserve near Bonneville, KY, the weekend of September 29th through October 2nd, 2016. You may download and print out the PDF Registration Form, or register online at http://www.fall2016mvor.com/.
Questions may be sent to Fall2016MVOR@gmail.com.
- Sept. 30 - Oct. 2, 2016 - Third Annual Hydro-Geo Workshop - Boerne, TX.
Registration for the Bexar Grotto Third Annual Hydro-Geo Workshop is now open! Spend time in real-world field settings, gaining valuable hands-on experience. Ideal for Students, Practitioners, and Academics.
More details are available on the website: http://caves.org/grotto/bexargrotto/HydroGeo/
Event Registration: http://texashydrogeo2016.eventzilla.net/
- October 1, 2016 - Tennessee Cave Survey - Fall Business Meeting - at Cookeville, TN. See the Facebook event at: https://www.facebook.com/events/1177991435576409/.
The date is Saturday, October 1, 2016 at 9 AM (CDT). The meeting will be held in the same place as previous fall meetings, in the auditorium on the first floor of Johnson Hall, on campus at Tennessee Tech University in Cookeville.
Location: Johnson Hall, 1 William L Jones Dr, Cookeville, TN 38505 -- (GPS Coords: 36.176641, -85.504947)
The Fall business meeting has business, new products to be released (the 2016 TCS data), and there will be presentations. If you are interested in giving a presentation, please contact Chuck Sutherland on Facebook, or via email at email@example.com. Presentations should be between 10-15 minutes long and pertain to caving in Tennessee.
Parking is available around Johnson Hall, and the parking zones are not enforced by the campus police during this event.
- October 6-9, 2016 - TAG Fall Cave-In - at Lookout Mountain, GA. See http://tagfallcavein.org/. Details to come.
- October 28-30, 2016 - Fall NSS Board of Governor's Meeting - at Sewanee, TN. The Sewanee Mountain Grotto will be hosting the Fall 2016 National Speleological Society Board of Governors Meeting near Sewanee, TN. On Saturday evening following the BOG meeting the SMG is having a Halloween Themed Party at Caver's Paradise. Come up and hang out with the NSS BOG Members and area cavers for this special event. More details can be found on Eventbrite.
If you have questions, contact Kelly Smallwood (Jasper, Tennessee) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- December 31, 2016 - NSS New Year's Eve Party and Fundraiser - NSS HQ and Conference Center, Huntsville, AL. Time: 5pm to 1am. Details to come.
- June 16-24, 2017 - NCRC National Training Seminar - at Bend, Oregon. Register on-line at:
- June 19-23, 2017 - 2017 NSS Convention - at Rio Rancho, New Mexico. More information on the Convention website at:
- July 28 - August 4, 2018 (Tentative dates) - 2018 NSS Convention - at Whitefish, Montana. Details to follow.
- August 13-20, 2016 - EuroSpeleo 2016 - at Yorkshire Dales.
- September 24th, 2016 - SPELEO FILM FESTIVAL - at Karlovac, Croatia.
The festival organization committee is pleased to invite speleologists, mountaineers, biologists, geologists, ecologists and everyone who shares our enthusiasm with the secret world of the underground, to send their professional or amateur recorded films to the sixth annual Speleo Film Festival which is going to be held in Karlovac, Croatia on Sept. 24th, 2016.
The sixth Speleo Film Festival aims to acquaint fellow speleologists and documentary lovers with all the work and effort put into making a speleological film and possibly attract some future underground explorers among interested viewers.
- International festival of documentary and short speleological films -- 3 to 15 minutes in length.
- Web: http://osmica.hr/projekti/speleo-film-festival/
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Mob: +385(0)98 890 685 -- Damir Basara
- Saturday, September 24th, 2016 - possible activities during the day.
-- a tour around and through the old city centre of Karlovac with a professional guide.
-- swimming and boat trips down the rivers Korana & Mreznica.
-- a visit to an attractive cave nearby
- Saturday, September 24th, 2016 -- evening programme
-- Speleo Film Festival -- films presentation.
- Sunday, September 25th, 2016
-- a visit to an attractive cave nearby.
Accommodations will be organized. All the details about accommodations and programme will be published soon at: