Caving EventsInformation on caving events, including Society sponsored events such as the annual convention and the National Cave Management Symposium, and events sponsored by regional or other organizations. If you have an event that you would like listed on this page, email the information to email@example.com
USA 2014 Events
USA 2015 Events
USA 2016 Events
To add an event to the Google Calendar, email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- March 8-9 - HQ Work Weekend - Birmingham Grotto Pavilion Roofing
- March 15 - Spring BOG Meeting - Hosted by RASS in Richmond, VA.
- March 16-30, 2014 - 16th International Symposium on Vulcanospeleology - Hosted by ECUCAVE (Caving Organization of Ecuador) on Santa Cruz Island, Galápago Islands. For more information, contact Harry Marinakis, NSS 42832, using info in the NSS Members Manual.
- March 20-22 - Smokies All Taxa Biodiversity Inventory Conference - Held at the Park Vista, Gatlinburg, TN. This year's conference focus is on cave biodiversity, with keynote speaker Dr. Merlin Tuttle. More information is available here.
- March 28-30 - Orientation to Cave Rescue - Held in Harrisonburg, VA by Eastern Region, NCRC. Includes classroom and field work in all phases of cave rescue, culminating in a mock rescue on Sunday. Go here for more information and registration.
- April 11-13 - Spring VAR - Hosted by RASS at the RASS Field Station in Bath Co., VA. Great camping, huge pavilion, clean porcelain bathhouses, and lots of nearby caves! Spaghetti dinner and beverages, speaker, and vendors. Check the VAR page to preregister.
- May 3 - Appalachian Cave Conservancy - 2014 Annual meeting and Board of Directors meeting, 10 am at the Blountville, TN Fire Station, followed by caving trips, including a clean-up trip to Gilley Cave. Find more info on our website at: http://www.acave.us/.
- May 16-18, 2014 - Spring Mid-Appalachian Region (MAR) Field Meet - Hosted by the Pennsylvania Cave Conservancy (PCC) at the TRA-OTR site in Daily, WV. The event has a Cave Conservation Theme and will be family friendly. Cost will be under $30 per registration. All are welcome to attend.
- May 16-18, 2014 - Spring Mississippi Valley-Ozark Regional (MVOR) - Hosted by the Ozark Highlands Grotto in Barry County, MO.
- May 16-18, 2014 - Spring NRO - Hide-a-way Campground, 108 Janice Lane, Central Bridge, New York. Visit us on Facebook for the latest information!
- May 17-24 - NCRC National Seminar and Weeklong Training - Divide, Colorado. Levels 1, 2, and 3 will be offered. Cost, including meals and lodging, is $650. Two $350 scholarships are offered (deadline 17 Feb). For more information, see omegaresponders.org/NCRC2014/
- May 23-26, 2014 - Kentucky Speleofest - Hosted by the Louisville Grotto at the Lone Star Preserve, Bonnieville, KY. See Louisville.caves.org for more information.
- May 30 - June 1, 2014 - SERA Cave Carnival, hosted by Chattanooga Grotto at the NSS Headquarters.
- Jun 20 – 22 - Karst-O-Rama - Hosted by the Greater Cincinnati Grotto at the Great Saltpetre Cave Preserve, Mt. Vernon, KY. Cave trips and all the usual contests and vendors; welcome party on Friday and a live band on Saturday. Visit karstorama.com/ and like us on Facebook for updates!
- July 12, 2014 - HCRU: Tyrolean Traverse - Held at DeSoto Falls, AL, and put on by the Huntsville Cave Rescue Unit as a fundraiser. It's a great family event, with lots of camping, hiking, and swimming options in the park. For more information, see http://www.hcru.org/tyroleantraverse no pre-registration required.
- July 14-18, 2014 - NSS Convention at the NSS Headquarters in Huntsville, AL. For more information, see http://nss2014.caves.org/ or contact Julie Schenck-Brown (256-599-2211) or Jeff Martin (770-653-4435).
- August 1-3, 2014 - All Girls Cave Trip - The 4th Annual, hosted by the Silver Sage Grotto. Men are included. The goal is to support and promote women to leadership in caving. RSVP on our Facebook event. Full details here: ewls.org/all-grrs-cave-trip.html.
- August 8-10 - 61st Annual Indiana Cave Capers - Hosted by the Central Indiana Grotto. This year will feature caves in Indiana and Kentucky, and keynote speaker Andy Armstrong. For all the details: tinyurl.com/indianacavecapers, and follow on facebook: facebook.com/IndianaCaveCapers.
- August 21-24, 2014 - Rescue Technician: Cave Rescue 1 & 2 - This NFPA 1006 class is sanctioned by the Alabama Fire College and taught by the Huntsville Cave Rescue Unit. Cost: $50 Non-Certification (typical for cavers), $295 Certification. For more info see http://www.hcru.org/rescueclass. To register call AFC at (866) 984-3545.
- August 28 - September 1 - 65th Annual Old Timers Reunion - Dailey, WV. For members of the Robertson Association and their guests. See OTR.org for more info.
- August 29 - September 1 - Sewanee Mountain Cave Fest - The annual auction & party hosted by the Sewanee Mountain Grotto at Cavers Paradise, 482 Wild Heart Lane, Sewanee, TN 37375. There is no registration fee; however we do ask that attendees donate an item to the auction and bring a dish for the potluck dinner. The campground also charges $5/person for the entire weekend. More info at facebook.com/groups/1421893758065353/
- July 13-17, 2015 - NSS Convention - Waynesville, Missouri.
- July 17-23, 2016 - NSS Convention - Ely, NV. For info, contact Matt Bowers, or see www.facebook.com/nss75th.
- June 11-15, 2014 - Karst Without Boundaries Conference - Organized within the UNESCO’s DIKTAS project framework in the heart of the Dinaric Karst. The main conference event will be in Trebinje (Bosnia & Herzegovina) with a mid-conference field seminar taking place in Dubrovnik (Croatia), and a post- conference excursion in famous Boka Kotorska Bay (Montenegro). The call for abstracts is out now. See the conference website for details.