Information on caving events, including Society sponsored events such as the annual
convention and the National Cave Management Symposium, and events sponsored by regional or other organizations. If you
have an event that you would like listed on this page, email the information to firstname.lastname@example.org
USA 2016 Events
- May 7-14, 2016 - NCRC Cave Rescue Operations and Management Seminar - at Mentone, AL. Extensive classroom instruction and fieldwork in all phases of cave rescue including underground environment, vertical rescue, hauling systems, extrication techniques, medical management, communication systems, and the organization and management of cave rescue operations. For more information please visit our website at http://ncrc.info or facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/NCRCtraining.
- May 27-30, 2016 SpeleoFest - at Lonestar Preserve, Bonnieville KY. Speleofest 2016 will be a celebration of the Louisville Grotto's Big 50, that is 50 years of NSS membership. Located in the heart of cave country at The Lonestar Preserve, in Hart County Kentucky. Early arrival on Thursday and you can stay until Monday. Howdy Party on Friday night with live music and a Bon Fire. Cave Central opens on Friday night with cave trip sign-ups for the weekend. A Banquet on Saturday night, with guest speaker and door prizes afterwards. Cave Social/ Lantern tour in Lonestar Cave on Sunday night. Plenty of camping spots, port-o-potty's, and hot showers. Breakfast will be available on Saturday and Sunday mornings. Gear Vendors will be onsite. Vendors and Inquires, Contact David McClintock, Speleofest Chairman, at 502-643-4590 or email@example.com. Visit our website for more info and preregistration links at http://louisville.caves.org/. Remember, Speleofest is always on Memorial Day Weekend.
- June 2-5, 2016 - SERA Cave Carnival - at LaFayette, GA. Hosted by the Nashville Grotto. Contact Emily Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org for information. See the website at www.nashvillegrotto.org/sera2016 or their Facebook page at www.facebook.com/groups/sera2016/.
- June 13-17, 2016 - 23rd International Conference on Subterranean Biology - at Fayetteville, Arkansas.
- June 17-19, 2016 - Karst-O-Rama - at Mt. Vernon, Kentucky. Greater Cincinnati Grotto is hosting Karst-O-Rama at the Great Saltpetre Cave Preserve. Cave trips on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. There will be cave vendors, children's activities, a cave box for the flexible, climbing contest, and more. Howdy Party on Friday night and a live band on Saturday night. Theme for the party is Saturday Night Fever. Be sure to dress up for disco music. Preregistration discount available. Visit us on http://karstorama.com/kor16form.html and like us on Facebook for updates. Any questions, email Don Brandner, KOR Chair, at Sodastraw2002@yahoo.com.
- July 17-23, 2016 - NSS Convention - Ely, NV. For info, contact Matt Bowers, or see http://nss2016.caves.org/ -or- www.facebook.com/nss75th.
- August 5-7, 2016 - 63rd Annual Indiana Cave Capers - at Lawrence County Recreational Park,
The 63rd Indiana Cave Capers presented by the Central Indiana Grotto will be held at the Lawrence County Recreation Park; a very nice facility in Cave Country! Friday night is the annual Campground Party and Open Jam hosted by The Shallow Grotto. Weekend activities include great caving and led trips, food available all weekend, vertical rope practice, vendor Inner Mountain Outfitters, Saturday night banquet, keynote speakers CIG cavers Tony and Marion Akers reporting on Proyecto Sierra Mazateca; exploring virgin caves in Southern Mexico, door prizes, and fun! More info: cavecapers.com or call Ron Adams at 317-490-7727. Additional information can be found on the CIG website: http://www.cigcaves.com/indiana-cave-capers/
- August 26-28, 2016 - All-Grrs-Cave-Trip (AGCT) - at Cougar, WA. AGCT is an annual co-ed and family-friendly event that celebrates women cavers. Women and men cave separately on the first day. After this, the annual meeting occurs and on the next day both genders cave together to enjoy the best caves in the area. Camping, meals, guidebooks, and shirts will be available. Visit the website for the most up-to-date information: http://www.ewls.org/register-to-attend.html
- September 1-5, 2016 - Old Timer's Reunion - at TRA Campground, WV. See http://otr.org/. Details to come.
- September 2-5, 2016 - Cave Fest - Sewanee, TN. Join the Sewanee Mountain Grotto Labor Day weekend for their annual auction & party. Amenities include a bath house, hot tub & sauna. There is no registration fee; however we do ask that attendees donate an item to the auction and bring a dish for the potluck dinner on Saturday night. The campground also charges $5/person for camping the entire weekend; electrical hookups also available. All proceeds go back into the caving community. We will have led cave trips, a bat float to Nickajack, a potluck dinner, and of course our auction. Keep up with the event on www.facebook.com/groups/1421893758065353/ or email email@example.com for more information.
- Sept. 30 - Oct. 2, 2016 - Third Annual Hydro-Geo Workshop - Boerne, TX.
Registration for the Bexar Grotto Third Annual Hydro-Geo Workshop is now open! Spend time in real-world field settings, gaining valuable hands-on experience. Ideal for Students, Practitioners, and Academics.
More details are available on the website: http://texashydrogeo2016.eventzilla.net/
- October 6-9, 2016 - TAG Fall Cave-In - at Lookout Mountain, GA. See http://tagfallcavein.org/. Details to come.
- October 28-30, 2016 - Fall NSS Board of Governor's Meeting - at Sewanee, TN. The Sewanee Mountain Grotto will be hosting the Fall 2016 National Speleological Society Board of Governors Meeting near Sewanee, TN. On Saturday evening following the BOG meeting the SMG is having a Halloween Themed Party at Caver's Paradise. Come up and hang out with the NSS BOG Members and area cavers for this special event. More details can be found on Eventbrite.
If you have questions, contact Kelly Smallwood (Jasper, Tennessee) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- May 16-22, 2016 - 7th International Workshop on Ice Caves - at Postojna, Slovenia.
- August 13-20, 2016 - EuroSpeleo 2016 - at Yorkshire Dales.