Information on caving events, including Society sponsored events such as the annual
convention and the National Cave Management Symposium, and events sponsored by regional or other organizations. If you
have an event that you would like listed on this page, email the information to firstname.lastname@example.org
USA 2016 Events
USA 2017 Events
USA 2018 Events
- Dec. 30, 2016 -to- Jan. 2, 2017 - NSS New Year's Eve Party and Bat Ball Fundraiser - NSS HQ and Conference Center, Huntsville, AL. It's a party and a fundraising event for the NSS. Camping on-site at the NSS Headquarters.
The Campground will be open from Noon on Friday the 30th until Noon on Monday the 2nd. Led cave trips are planned for Saturday and Sunday. On Saturday evening, New Years Eve, the Bat Ball will be a party with dinner, dancing, and music with a band or a DJ. Doors will open at 5PM, dinner from 6 - 8PM, and partying until 1AM. On-site camping is included with pre-registration. Grottos wishing to participate at a higher level contact Party-chairman Fennigan Spencer, email@example.com, 205-266-5088.
Sponsors are welcomed and encouraged. Contact Fundraising Chair Bill Jackson, firstname.lastname@example.org, 706-840-2619.
- June 2-4, 2017 - Spring NRO/MAR Caving Event and Philadelphia Grotto's 70th Anniversary - at Pattersonville, NY.
Held at Indian Lookout Country Club. More information to be posted at: http://caves.org/grotto/ccg//NRO-MAR-2017.htm.
- June 16-24, 2017 - NCRC National Training Seminar - at Bend, Oregon. Register on-line at:
- June 19-23, 2017 - 2017 NSS Convention - at Rio Rancho, New Mexico. More information on the Convention website at:
- July 28 - August 4, 2018 (Tentative dates) - 2018 NSS Convention - at Whitefish, Montana. Details to follow.
- July 23-30, 2017 - 17th International Congress of Speleology - at Sydney NSW, Australia.
The International Union of Speleology (UIS) conducts the International Congress of Speleology (ICS) every 4 years, a major event on the world speleology calendar. The 17th congress is to be held in Sydney, Australia from 23-30 July 2017. It will be organised and hosted by the Australian Speleological Federation (ASF).
This is the second time the Congress has been held in the Southern Hemisphere and the first time in Australia. Australia is a dream destination, and the chosen venue, Sydney, will provide a memorable conference experience and world class event.
ASF will feature speleology in Australasia and the organising committee is working hard to prepare the Congress as a friendly meeting with an interesting program including excursions to fascinating cave and karst areas in Australia and New Zealand and an attractive accompanying program.
Additional details can be found here.
Special Note: The deadline for abstract submissions has been extended to Monday 19th December 2016. This will be the only extension. Abstract submissions will continue to be accepted online through the registration website until this new time. For additional information about this extension, Please click here.