Caving EventsInformation on caving events, including Society sponsored events such as the annual convention and the National Cave Management Symposium, and events sponsored by regional or other organizations. If you have an event that you would like listed on this page, email the information to email@example.com
USA 2013 Events
USA 2014 Events
USA 2015 Events
USA 2016 Events
To add an event to the Google Calendar, email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- December 26-30 - NSS HQ Work Weekend: Office Area and Library Construction
- February 1-2 - HQ Work Weekend - Chattanooga Grotto Big Room Work
- March 1-2 - HQ Work Weekend - Birmingham Grotto Pavilion Roofing
- March 8-9 - HQ Work Weekend - Birmingham Grotto Pavilion Roofing
- March 16-30, 2014 - 16th International Symposium on Vulcanospeleology - Hosted by ECUCAVE (Caving Organization of Ecuador) on Santa Cruz Island, Galápago Islands. For more information, contact Harry Marinakis, NSS 42832, using info in the NSS Members Manual.
- May 16-18, 2014 - Spring Mid-Appalachian Region (MAR) Field Meet - Hosted by the Pennsylvania Cave Conservancy (PCC) at the TRA-OTR site in Daily, WV. The event has a Cave Conservation Theme and will be family friendly. Cost will be under $30 per registration. All are welcome to attend.
- May 16-18, 2014 - Spring Mississippi Valley-Ozarl Regional (MVOR) - Hosted by the Ozark Highlands Grotto in Barry County, MO.
- May 23-26, 2014 - Kentucky Speleofest - Hosted by the Louisville Grotto at the Lone Star Preserve, Bonnieville, KY
- May 30 - June 1, 2014 - SERA Cave Carnival, hosted by Chattanooga Grotto at the NSS Headquarters.
- July 12, 2014 - HCRU: Tyrolean Traverse - Held at DeSoto Falls, AL, and put on by the Huntsville Cave Rescue Unit as a fundraiser. It's a great family event, with lots of camping, hiking, and swimming options in the park. For more information, see http://www.hcru.org/tyroleantraverse no pre-registration required.
- July 14-18, 2014 - NSS Convention at the NSS Headquarters in Huntsville, AL. For more information, see http://nss2014.caves.org/ or contact Julie Schenck-Brown (256-599-2211) or Jeff Martin (770-653-4435).
- August 21-24, 2014 - Rescue Technician: Cave Rescue 1 & 2 - This NFPA 1006 class is sanctioned by the Alabama Fire College and taught by the Huntsville Cave Rescue Unit. Cost: $50 Non-Certification (typical for cavers), $295 Certification. For more info see http://www.hcru.org/rescueclass. To register call AFC at (866) 984-3545.
- July 13-17, 2015 - NSS Convention - Waynesville, Missouri.
- July 17-23, 2016 - NSS Convention - Ely, NV. For info, contact Matt Bowers, or see www.facebook.com/nss75th.
- July 21-28 - 16th International Congress of Speleology - Brno, Czech Republic. Go to www.speleo2013.com for details.
- September - EXPEDITION SOLOCO - Caving exploration and research in the Amazon Region, sponsored by Espeleo Club Andino Peru "ECA PERU." See their Facebook page for more info, or contact Sonia Bermúdez Lozano, 997 288 262.
- June 11-15, 2014 - Karst Without Boundaries Conference - Organized within the UNESCO’s DIKTAS project framework in the heart of the Dinaric Karst. The main conference event will be in Trebinje (Bosnia & Herzegovina) with a mid-conference field seminar taking place in Dubrovnik (Croatia), and a post- conference excursion in famous Boka Kotorska Bay (Montenegro). The call for abstracts is out now. See the conference website for details.