- The Center for Biological Diversity (CBD) threatened to bring suit against the Federal government for failing to mitigate WNS; the NSS issued a strong letter in response. 06/11
- The Headquarters Commission formally recommended to the BOG that the Cahaba Shrine Temple, in Huntsville AL, be our new headquarters. A formal presentation to the BOG is set for June 25th, and the BOG will vote on the recommendation at its July meeting in Colorado. 06/11
- The 2011 BOG Election in May seated two new Directors: Bill Liebman (returning), and Ronal Kerbo, in addition to re-electing Directors Mark Joop and Randy Paylor. Thanks go to retiring directors Jennifer Foote and Scott Parvin. 06/11
- At the 2010 NSS Convention, two new Vice Presidents were elected by the BOG; congratulations to:
-- John LaMar Cole, NSS Executive Vice President
Geary Schindel, NSS Administrative Vice President 08/10
- The Junior Speleological Society (JSS) now has a Yahoo Group in order to make the JSS more accessible to members and allow them to be involved in planning activities. An assistant site manager is needed. For more info, contact Glen Rhodes. 01/10
- Support the
NSS through eBay!
Automatically donate 10-100% of the amount you make to
the NSS when you sell an item on eBay. See THIS
LINK for details.
- Interested in hosting a BOG meeting...? - Click
here - to find out how!!
check back often to see the latest additions to the NSS
November 19, 2011
© 1995 - 2011
The National Speleological Society
2813 Cave Avenue
Huntsville, Alabama 35810-4413 USA