Minutes of the
2010 NSS Vertical Section Board Meeting
August 1, 2010
The NSS Vertical Section Executice Committee held a meeting on Sunday, August 1, 2010 at a motel near the 2010 NSS Convention in Essex Junction, Vermont. Executive Board members present were Chair Dick Mitchell, Secretary-Treasurer Bill Boehle, At-Large Executive Members Miriam Cuddington, Terry Mitchell, and Rory Tinston, Vertical Techniques Workshop Coordinator Terry Clark, and Contest Coordinator Bill Cuddington. Education/Training Coordinator Bruce Smith and Nylon Highway Editor Tim White could not attend the convention and no proxy was designated. Vertical Section member (and rebelay course coordinator) Gary Bush was also in attendance.
Meeting opened at 7:10 PM by Chair Dick Mitchell.
The purpose of the meeting was to discuss and deal with various issues that needed to be addressed before the annual business meeting on Thursday.
Adjournment - Motion to adjourn was made and carried. Time of adjournment was approximately 8:48 PM.
- Education/Training Coordinator - Dick Mitchell reported that Bruce Smith had sent him an email containing his report for the business meeting.
- Climbing Contest - Bill Cuddington reported that this year PMI donated two 600 foot lenghts of EZ Bend rope for the climbing contest. Rigging would begin at 8:30 AM on Monday.
- Vertical Techniques Workshop - Terry Clark reported that the workshop would use some of the contest rope. He also informed us that the rigging must be done in Vermont under the supervision of an OSHA approved person. This has been arranged for. (Note: this was mainly to operate the lift to reach the rigging points.)
- Rebelay Course - Gary Bush discussed the rebelay couse to be held at this years convention. While there were some rigging issues to be addressed, no significant problems are expected.
- Constitution and By-Law Changes - Terry Mitchell and Bill Boehle briefly went over the Constitution and Bylaw change allowing for a Vice Chairman to take over for the Chairman in the event that person is unavailable to conduct business. This language had previously been circulated to the EC and would be presented to the membership at the business meeting. If the membership approves the Constitution change, then the EC would vote on the accompanying Bylaws change.
Approved by EC e-meeting on xx/xx/201x
Return to the Top of the Page
Return to the NH #55 Contents Page
Copyright © 2010 Vertical Section of the NSS, Inc. - All Rights Reserved.