Craft and Design
Exhibition of cave and karst-related
ENTRIES - ENTRIES - All entry forms must be submitted with artwork on Saturday before Convention opens. Email information and jpeg images of artwork to Carolina Shrewsbury, firstname.lastname@example.org. Artwork, entry forms and fees must arrive in the Salon by 5pm Saturday JULY 14th 2016.
ENTRY FEE - $15 for exhibition only. Salon volunteers receive a $5 refund at Friday Morning Critique session. Checks to NSS/FAS. Submitted items are assumed to be entered for judging. Entries are considered to
have been donated to the NSS unless picked up by the entrant on the afternoon
of the Friday of Convention week, or otherwise specified when submitted. If you wish
your entry returned by mail, please provide shipping cost. If you want someone
else to pick up your entry, please specify this in writing when the entry is
Functional - these will be for anything that can be used or worn
-- quilts, clothes, household items, interior design.
Interactive - This is artwork created to amuse or challenge -- games, plays, puppets, sensual experiences
We want to see what cavers have to offer that is creative and inspired by their caving experience/interest/profession. Help us judge with your votes and by participating in a Craft Salon Critique on Friday morning in the Salons. There some simple requirements for presenting artwork at Convention, please read carefully so that you may enter and display respectful of other artists and those who staff the Convention and Salons:
- Email a copy of your entry form with titles, prices (if you want to sell) and all the names of persons involved creating your work, BEFORE bringing to Convention. fineartsalon[at]caves.org
- Ensure your work, form, and fee arrives at Convention before 5pm on Saturday. If you are unsure you are able to keep that deadline then please ship your work, form, and fee to the Convention address given on the Convention website. Work arriving after closing on Sunday, ie: left and not registered, will not be accepted.
- If you ship work, let the Salon Chairman know, and provide paid return shipping label for our shipping clerk.
- Be courteous with your packing, make your artwork safe and stable but please keep it easy to repack and ship.
- You are responsible for any damage caused through transport. So insure work appropriately. You are responsible for all shipping and packaging.
- You are responsible for the display of your artwork, that means providing the framing and support it may need.
- Artwork must arrive in the Salon ready to be put on a stand, table or wall. We cannot be responsible for constructing or dismantling an exhibit. If your artwork requires this, you must either be prepared to come with it, or supply your own staff to do it.
- If your artwork requires connection to an electrical socket, please provide long cords. They need to be no shorter than 20 ft.
- Artwork has to leave the Salon on Friday after the Critique. Be prepared to arrive at the Salon between 11:30am and 12 mid-day. If shipping, our shipping clerk will take care of it, but this notification must be clear in your application form. When packing your work for shipping, remember someone has to probably repack it, so please be considerate.
- If you or other are coming to Convention. You will be expected to come to Salon on Friday to pack your own work.
JUDGING - Judging will
occur during the convention. Please see the Fine Arts Salon Page for last years winners.
RIGHTS AND CONDITIONS
All entrants retain copyright and all moral and intellectual rights to their work. Unless otherwise requested by the entrant, all items submitted will be considered donations to the NSS and will not be returned. The NSS requests the following rights, which are optional. Indicate your agreement with any or all by marking the box(es) on the entry Form:
The NSS may use low-resolution images of these articles in publications and on its Web site to announce the winners of this competition, for not more than one year.
The NSS may use low-resolution images of these articles in publications for the purposes of promoting future competitions, for not more than four years.
The NSS may use low-resolution images of these articles in a CD/DVD of all entries. This CD/DVD will be lent to NSS members for viewing at no charge.
FURTHER INFORMATION - If you have any questions,
please e-mail email@example.com.
visits since August 15, 2013: