Exhibition of drawings, paintings, sculpture, and other art forms not included in the other salons.
1. ONE application form TO EXHIBIT up to eight artworks including UP TO FOUR for COMPETITION in any category, and UP TO FOUR for SHOW ONLY.
2. All entries must be submitted preferably with digital images.
3. Email applications and photographs of work only to Carolina Shrewsbury email@example.com. Dated no later than ONE MONTH PRIOR TO CONVENTION WEEK.
4. Entry fees are per person: $15 for adults and $5 for youth (12 and under).
5. Make checks for entry fees payable to the NSS FAS. OR PAY WITH CASH OR CARD ON DELIVERY IN SALON AREA AT CONVENTION.
6. The size of entries will be limited to space available for each individual artist.
7. Entries submitted at the Convention will be accepted only on a space-available basis. Salon Competition entries will be given priority.
8. There is provision for artwork to be displayed but not judged if the artist so wishes.
9. All exhibits are encouraged to be sold at Salon or entered for NSS Auction.
10. Previously awarded work is encouraged to be exhibited but will not be judged in the Salon.
11. Applications will be screened, and artists will be notified by mail or E-mail of ACCEPTANCE TO SHOW.
12. Additional information, and Convention address to send artwork, will be supplied at time of notification.
13. Each SENT JPEG image must be accompanied by: NAME TITLE MEDIUM
14. Category in which piece will be judged will be agreed by SALON CHAIR and artist. Include the following statement with your signature: "I grant to the NSS the right to reproduce images of these entries in NSS exhibits, web sites, catalogues, publications, recordings, and audio/visual programs.”
15. The NSS will deduct a 20% commission from all art sold.
16. All artwork must be appropriately framed or professionally presented.
17. Art will be judged in 6 categories: 1.Paint/Pastel 2.SKETCH 3.Textile 4.CERAMIC 5.Digital Multimedia 6.MIXED MEDIA
18. Winners will be selected in each category and a Best in Show overall.
19. Judging will occur at the Convention.
20. Judging for the SpeleoArt Award and Youth Divisions will be by caver ballot. 21. Judges choice will be final. Awards are Merit and Honorable Mention in each category. Best of Show and the SpeleoArt Award are awarded on NSS Salon Night during Convention Week.
Questions may be referred to Carolina Shrewsbury, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Site visits since 14 May 2018:: 352|