Joined: 07 Dec 2005
Location: West Valley City, Utah
|Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:45 pm Post subject: Please Read
It has been said that the most destructive thing you can do to a forest is to build a road through it. Similarly, the most destructive thing you can do to a cave is to publish its location. Accordingly, this Forum subscribes to the National Speleological Society philosophy regarding the publication of cave locations. Very simply, they are not to be published except in the case of very well known caves. To be clear, this means that it is unacceptable to do any of the following:
Any posts found containing any of the above information will be deleted immediately and without notice.
- Publish GPS coordinates for caves.
- Publish a description of a cave area that is sufficiently detailed that it can be located based on that information.
- Publish road logs to a cave.
- Publish information that is sufficient for someone to find a cave. For example, call this number, ask for Joe and ask how to get to Nameless cave.
- Describe procedures that are used to conceal a particular cave entrance.
- Publish links whose target contains any of the above.
We've never had any other problems on this forum. Please don't create any.