Over Ten Years In the Making!
The 1988 Speleo Digest is finally here!
· Thrill to the ghastly rigors of the "Grim Gateway" and the "Cyanide
Canyon." Will you ever make it out alive?
· Shudder at the horror of the Spring Cave sump diving expedition. Gasp for breath as you
wonder if lost cave divers will ever make it out alive. Maybe you'll even find an answer
to the question "Do fish cry?"
· Tremble at the horror that lurks in the bowels of Hicks Cave.
· Tired of the same old boring caves? Then take to the sewers and subways for a change of
· Learn the fine art of Armchair Caving and the ever-important skill of proper
· Share in the poetical lamentation of the death of an inexperienced caver from Giles
· Greedily lick your lips at tasty caver recipes such as Apple Logan.
· Learn the proper way to roast a pig.
· Suffering from the summer mosquito infestations? Learn how to build a bat box and put
an end to some of your itchy agony.
· Maps, Cave Descriptions, History, Cave Science, Conservation, Surveying, Vertical
Caving, and Photography are all here, along with literature and inspired wackiness from
The 1988 Speleo Digest features at least:
89 represented grotto publications
Information about caves in 34 U.S. States and 11 foreign countries.
Weighing in at a hefty 576 pages, the 1988 Digest is one of the biggest ever. If you would
like to view the Table of Contents, Publications Represented page, or any of the book
indices, just visit the following: http://www.caves.org/pub/SpeleoDigest/