COMMUNICATION & ELECTRONICS SECTION of the National Speleological Society
(1) The Communication and Electronics Section shall be governed by an Executive Committee made up of the following officers (Chairs) elected annually by the members:
(a) Executive Chair,(2) The Executive Committee shall have complete power to manage the business of the Section.
(1) Executive Committee and General Meetings shall be held at such times and places as are determined by the committee.
(2) A petition signed by two-thirds of the membership shall be mandatory upon the Executive Committee to call a special meeting for the purpose stated in the petition.
(1) Full Membership is limited to members of the NSS.
(2) Other classifications of membership may be defined in the bylaws.
Constitution and Bylaws of the National Speleological Society shall be binding on the Communication and Electronics Section. Any action inconsistent therewith shall be null and void. In the event of dissolution of the section, all assets remaining after meeting outstanding liabilities shall be assigned to the National Speleological Society. However, if the named recipient is not then in existence or is no longer a qualified distributee, or unwilling or unable to accept the distribution, the assets of this organization shall be distributed to a fund, foundation, or corporation organized and operated exclusively for the purposes specified in Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 (or the corresponding provision of any future U.S. Internal Revenue Law).
Amendments to this constitution may be proposed either by the Executive Committee or by a petition of ten percent of the members in good standing. Adoption of the amendment(s) shall require a three-quarters vote of the members voting, provided that notice of the General Meeting and the content of the amendment(s) shall have been announced to the membership by mail, email, or at a meeting at least 30 days prior to the time at which the vote will be taken. The total votes cast must constitute at least 51% of those members who sign in at the meeting where the voting takes place.
Copyright © 2002 Communications & Electronics Section of the NSS, Inc. - All Rights Reserved.
Return to the Executive Board Page