TRA (OTR) Campground
NSS 2023 camping will be at The Robertson Association’s campground located approximately 10 miles (15 minutes) south of Davis & Elkins college. The 20+ acre property is built and maintained by cavers for cavers. Many will be familiar with this location as the site of the annual Old Timers Reunion (https://otr.org/). For first-time visitors, you will be getting a small peek into one of the jewels of the yearly caving calendar of events. Nonetheless, here are the essentials you will want to know:
- With acres and acres of manicured lawns, there will be ample camping space.
- While there are some scattered shade trees, they aren’t numerous. If a shade tarp is within your individual or group’s means, then you should bring it.
- RVs and trailers are welcome—however, be advised that there are no hook-ups.
- Water is available from numerous hydrants located throughout the campground.
- Electricity can be made available on a case-by-case basis to those with genuine medical needs—email in advance to make arrangements.
- Genuine ADA service animals are allowed—however, pets are not. Please email in advance to assure easy accommodations.
- There are three shower facilities—His, Hers, and Theirs.
- There aren’t any permanent toilet facilities; porta johns will be in use.
- The campground will be available for general convention-goers once they have checked in at registration, which starts at noon on Saturday, June 24, 2023.